Friday, July 31, 2015

Dinosaur Egg Fossils on Display

These pictures show dinosaur fossil eggs. It is thought more spherical or round eggs belong to herbivores while narrow and long eggs belonged to meat eating dinosaurs.


Inside of fossil egg that has mineralized.


Here is a model on display of what a baby dinosaur might look like.


Fossils were on display at Children's Museum of Indianapolis Dinosphere exhibit as of July 2015. They are on loan from John and Jack Hankla.

The museum was founded in 1925 and consists of an approximate 44,000 square meter facility on a 29 acre area site. Their natural science collection contains more than 10,000 items. Some of the items in the collection are the dinosaur Dracorex hogwartsia, fossil of teenage T.rex, Christensen Mastodon, 3.5-4 billion year old Acasta Gneiss, and the Geisler geological collection. Learn more at this link.

4 comments:

Avinash Dwivedi said...

I really appreciate your nice work that is making this blog exciting and amazing into the TRex dinosaur costume for United States walking.
Thanks for the sharing a nice blog.
European Kids Center Dinosaur Suit

Dominick said...

hello

Jadi C. said...

I think I might have a fossil egg that mineralized. I would appreciate it if you please got back to me. Thanks

Jadi C. said...

I would really like it if you would get a hold of me so you cab can help me identify this thing I thought was possibly a rock. That was until I busted it open. My email is jadikcraig@gmail.com Thank you for your time.